Julia Balfour, LLC is looking for a Wordpress Developer to join the growing technology department and assist in the development and maintenance of our web properties.
Julia Balfour, LLC is an integrated agency located in the heart of East Haddam, CT. Our team consists of experts in print and digital design, content strategy, back-end, and front-end development. We work with a wide array of clients, both enterprise and local business, non-profits and eCommerce. We love fast-paced projects and new challenges just as much as we (and our clients) love our scenic location!
Why you will love us:
We are fans of coffee, tea, flowers and cookies. It’s no surprise to find a plate of homemade chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen or someone brewing a fresh pot coffee. During the day, our 2 floor managers are Julia’s bulldogs, Charlotte and Tinkerbelle, who patrol the rooms looking for love. On warm sunny days you’ll see the team gathered at the picnic tables working outside, enjoying lunch together, sharing new ideas, or discussing the latest news. We love collaborating across departments, helping the next person in need. There is always something new to learn, someone to help, or a new idea to inspire change.
Why we will love you:
Our ideal candidate is a team oriented individual with a positive attitude who loves to learn and is willing to try new things. We would love a self-starter who is hard working and dedicated with good organizational skills.
- Logic and reasoning skills, good deduction skills;
- Knowledge of source control practices, or willing to learn;
- Knowledge of Agile or Waterfall methodologies, or willing to learn;
- Experience with or knowledge of an Object Oriented Language (Ruby, PHP, C, Java, etc.);
- Familiar with DNS;
- Full Stack;
- Experience with customizing WordPress themes;
- Experience with WooCommerce;
- Experience developing custom WordPress plugins;
- Comfortable with SQL;
- Experience with server management;
- 401K package
- 10 days paid vacation
- 5 days paid sick/personal days
- 12 paid holidays
- 2 weeks paid Christmas/New Year break
- Healthcare monthly stipend
- 3 months maternity leave / 6 weeks paternity leave
401K package, 5% contribution: 100% up to 3% and 50% for the next 2%
10 Days of paid vacation
5 Days of paid personal/sick days
12 Paid holidays
10 Paid days off for the Christmas / New Years break
Healthcare monthly stipend
3 months maternity leave / 6 weeks paternity leave
Work / life balance – Flexible work environment where babies and pets are invited
Job Type: Full-time